Tuesday, December 30

Evilly Delicious

I woke up at 8 to get things done around the house and try to reset my recent late-wake late-sleep habits. In the afternoon, an evilly delicious brownie made me nap and make me feel weird, so I stayed in with some felafel.

ADDENDA:
Went to a noon yoga class with an unfamiliar teacher. Was in a good mood, avoided eating before the class, felt a bit yawny but psyched to be there. Once the class started, it was straight down hill. After an annoying anecdote, the first thing that pulled me out of the zone was the WORST. MUSIC. EVER. Led Zepplin is not yoga music. King of Pain by the Police is not yoga music. F@cking BRUCE HORNSBY AND THE RANGE IS NOT F@CKING YOGA MUSIC!! Evil mid-80s top 40s light pop took me back to when I was 13, hating everyone, and plotting how I was going to rebel (ska music! shave my head! combat boots!) against the twits who actually unquestioningly listened to this piffle. Then a long stretch of poses I've never seen and could not do, and during headstand practice several people fell with frightening force. I was lying on my stomach, and once some new-wave pink-suited Eric Clapton came on, I found myself unthinkingly rolling up my mat and leaving 15 minutes before the end. I felt aurally assaulted.
BREAKFAST: 8:30am, homemade brownie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Oh my. After refrigeration, these bad boys got yummier. The chips solidified, giving a nice textural breadth to the otherwise soft, gooey and stretchy interior. They taste so deeply chocolately and...unhealthy.

HONORARY SNICKLE SNACK: 1:30pm, spinach salad, hijiki tofu patty, cold sesame noodles, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
The HVS was supposed to join me, but life got in the way. I was thinking of her when eating this vegan meal at Dojos.

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, brownie, quart of water, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Damn, they're good.

DINNER: 9pm, felafel platter with hummus, whole wheat pita, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordered in.

No comments: