Thursday, July 23

Ridden

Woke up a 6, the time I usually woke up for school and got out of the door by 6:45pm. Took a train up to the Bronx, and road my mountain bike up the Old Croton Aqueduct trail to the reservoir about 25 miles north of the city. Beautiful ride, not many people other than dog walkers on the trail, saw some deer close up, a hedge hog too.

Contemplated the last year of school, c-arts and c-management, it occurred to me that the thing that was getting me down were a few regrets I have, but once I realized that, I also realized that I didn't make foolish choices, some choices had to be made for the good of other things. I won't babble here, but a good 50 mile bike ride that covers you in mud is good for perspective.

And dare I say, coming home to B and a little E is a great end to any trip!

BREAKAST: 7am, two donuts, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM WATERING: 8-11am, water, gatorade

LUNCH: 11am, turkey and gravy, cheese tortellini in a cream sauce, fresca, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
In Ossening, at the same crappy deli I always stop at when I do this ride on a non-Farmer's Market day. Rather than get my usually salty turkey-cold cut sandwich, risked the hot bar for a less-processed turkey. Not bad, not good. It's one of those meals that can be made at home so much better for so much cheaper...but not in the middle of a 50 mile mountain bike ride!

I tried Fresca because I heard an interview with some chefs discussing their dirty little secrets -- several of them copped to loving this stuff. The first ingredient after water is citric acid, and the stuff just burns. I guess it's just grapefruit soda thickened with wood rosin and bromated vegetable oil, I really did not find it appealing.

DINNER: 5pm, homemade salad, fried seitan, soy nugget and veg with peanut sauce and mixed rice, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, watermelon, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Holy crap, when waking up from a nap hungry for something sweet and a little dehydrated, perhaps nothing hits the spot more perfectly than a piece of in-season watermelon.

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 2 homemade blueberry muffins, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: