Thursday, November 5

Winey

Wanted a smoothie, but B went bananas and ate them all. Spent the morning at the restaurant, sipping on wine, then to an informal mother's group in the neighborhood, also sipping on wine. B & I ordered in food, and she suggested cracking open a bottle, but I had to put my foot down.

Randomly started reading a chick-book, about something I find very attractive in women but never quite understood why. Now if I can get B to indulge me....

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, organic cheerioes with organic dead milk, cheesecake, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Cheesecake messed with my sleep again last night, so thought maybe if I STARTED the day with it, it would be a little easier on the back end...

LUNCH: 11am, apple-wood smoked duck confit, farro&sausage, Manhattan Special, .75 bowl, hunger 3/5
At the restaurant. I brought L the farro and kasha, and he had a sample of duck confit from a supplier, so he heated both up in caste iron. L liked the farro, which was nice, because as out-there as he is, his palate is very discerning and honest.

PM SNORT 1: 12:30pm, mouthfuls of 6 different high-end wines
Wine tasting of tasty reds at the resto.

PM SNORT 2: 1 glass of malbec
Tasty red at an informal play group with a bunch of local mommas.

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, hunk of smoked mozzarella, .1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm, sushi, tempura, green salad, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordered in with the B.

No comments: