Friday, December 24

Be a Pizzaiola!

 

On this day of Xmas eve, I hit up the farmer's market and bought bagels for tomorrow's Jewish Xmas with B's family. In the afternoon after lunch time, we met up with friends from the neighborhood and had a wild adventure, taking the subway to the Brooklyn Children's Museum in deep dark Brooklyn. Due to the confluence of the holiday AND the Jewish Sabbath, the usually packed wall-to-wall play-museum was our relatively private playground. We met up with some Brooklyn friends there and the experience was spectacular. On top of that, the our subway ride with a connection included went very smoothly, Edie and the other baby were happy the whole way and we we got home, I was a little stunned by how smooth and non-dramatic the whole effort was. AND the museum had a mock-pizza place in it....with a mock oven....


Perhaps I had more fun than Edie for a good five minutes...

We ordered in Chinese for traditional Jewish Xmas eve, I ordered a dish I don't like but my mom would always order. Good thing, I didn't eat most of it, an offering in honor of the dead, I suppose.


AM SNACK: 9am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 10:30am, pumperickel bagel with homemade hummus and peanutbutter, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, chocolate ice cream sandwich, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:30pm, General Tso's Chicken with pork fried rice, egg roll, grape soda, a little apple cider, chocolate ice cream, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 1 small burrito & guac, quart of water

No comments: