Monday, September 5

Mainecentric

The weekend was nice, we were in Portland (Maine) for the wedding of a good friend, and stayed in the home of B's cousin, who was out of town. My eating habits were a bit crappy, as options were limited, but the food at the wedding was spectacular, very-Mainecentric: lobster and corn boiled up together, clam chowder, mussels, cornbread, whoopie pies, too much alcohol.

Today, B was off and we had a nanny looking after Edie, so we took a date day -- a vacation away from our vacation. We walked to Union Square for a movie, stopping in on Odessa off of Washington Square for a late breakfast. I was greatly disappointed to find they did not have ANY Polish food on the menu, just a short crappy diner menu. Cheap, but not good at all. After the movie we walked  a bit then took a cab to Chinatown for massages. By the time the massage was over, I was hungrier in a way like I haven't been in a long time. Maybe the massage and high humidity didn't help, but my legs were were rubbery, my head was feeling light, and I needed something immediately. On the walk east, we passed a gelato stand and I scarfed some. We passed a little cart making tiny little egg cakes, and I scarfed a baggie. B had a big snack after the movie, so we went to one of my favorite holes, C&L Dumpling, and I gorged on rice and dumplings. Still felt beat up, but functional.

Went grocery shopping in the evening, looking forward to getting back on a better eating track. Didn't lift weights, woke up too late.

BREAKFAST: 10:30am, pancakes, bacon, homefries, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


LINNER: 4pm, shrimp fried rice, pork chive dumplings, egg cakes, chocolate gelato, sugary apple juice, 2 bowl, hunger 5/5


EVENING SNACK: 9pm, chocolate chips & peanuts, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, potato chips, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: