Monday, December 17

Party at my house!

ADDENDA:
Good day. Was given the day off and a budget. Spent the morning chopping veg, then went out in the cold to hit up Little Italy, China Town, the Pickle Guys, Pathmark and a couple of cupcake bakeries. Spent the afternoon winging it on vegan stuffed mushrooms (surprisingly un-gross, HVS approved), 2 huge trays of mac & cheese and prepping the house.

Learned from my mistakes of the mac & cheese the day before, adjusted a few things and it came out pretty good, not to toot my own horn - if I was served it in a restaurant, I would of been satisfied - now if it was more bubbly/crispy on top and maybe had a Parmesan crispiness layer, now THAT would of been kick ass!

After 5 years of briefly attending depressing law firm holiday parties (and a year of no biz parties to go to), this was a welcome change in my life. A lot of cool people, cohosted by my partner in life, people who I see everyday but actually enjoyed having in my house and getting drunk with Rufus!

LUNCH: 12:30pm, 2 local slices, bottle of water, hunger 3/5
Forgot to eat breakfast. Too distracted to be hungry

PM SNACK: 2-4pm, 32 oz bottle of seltzer, hunger --/--
Cooking.

PRE-PARTY FOOD: 6pm, baby carrots with homemade hummus, 1 cupcake, hunger 3/5

PARTY FOOD: 7-11pm, small plate of homemade mac & cheese, a few handfuls of green M&Ms, 3-4 homemade vegan stuffed mushrooms, 4-5 drinks of wine & beer (I didn't keep track), 2 cupcakes, 1 shot of Jack Daniels, hunger 4/5

No comments: