Friday, November 21

Ohhh, baby baby!


Now that the cat is out of the bag (and like my wondercat Rufus, not sure whether it's a boy or a girl), I can confess when anything food-related sends me on a baby-related line of thinking. Last week, a man came in with a 4 year old daughter, both sat facing each other, each ordered one slice of pizza, he got a red wine, she got a soda. I swooned at the thought of someday having a tea party-like pizza experience with my mini-me.

Today at the restaurant I made mini-tart shells during prep for an off-the-menu dessert. On Sunday afternoon, a waitress is hosting a baby-shower of a friend at the restaurant for about a dozen women. Chef R is making a 'baby' version of the pie nut tart and chocolate pudding tarts. I thought, "Jeez, I thought I'd have to stretch a little to somehow talk about babies and the restaurant!"

The night went well, not crazy busy but busier than last Friday. I've been asked to come in the day before Thanksgiving, as the day before and after tend to be unusually busy in restaurants.

ADDENDA:
Started the day off with a proper breakfast, haven't been doing that enough lately. Gotta get on that.

BREAKFAST: 11am, banana, everything bagel with humus, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 4pm, mini margarita pizza with pancetta, flourless chocolate cake, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
8pm, black cherry soda, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER:
10:30pm, mac-and-cheese-like pasta, 2 meatballs, cheesecake, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
The pasta special was basically chopped rigatoni with melted moz, provolone, butter, bread crumbs and pancetta, maybe a tang of nutmeg, not as good as it should of been. Needs some bechamel to really amplify the cheeses.

No comments: