Monday, May 18

All is Dream

Woke up late, 8:45am. B woke me up and said she didn't feel well, cramps, sweats, she didn't sleep at all. I run around the corner and get her some Mylanta and Gatorade, but she's clearly not just going to get better. After the day I had yesterday, I couldn't just not show up with out my professional reputation questioned, so I called my momma-in-law to come down and look after B, while I took off at 9:30 sharp to get to the shop.

Got rolling at 10 sharp, L was in church so didn't show up until after 12. Good vibes with the crew, feeling it was going to be a good day, enjoying the rhythm of making a bucket of lemonade. L shows up in a good mood, a nice change from the head-crackings he was dispensing yesterday. All morning I was exchanging calls with B. Her mom got in about 10 minutes after I split, she called the doc, doc said to come in to be checked out. Around 1 o'clock the verdict is in: B is in the early stages of labor, and she needs to go home and chill until it's closer, then she'll be admitted. When I was told this, I was in the kitchen, and I pretty much pooped myself (not literally, though.) B was being all nice and saying that I didn't need to come home, but after thinking about it for about 15 seconds, what was appropriate was clear. I pulled L aside and apologized, but I got the call and I had to leave. After a day like yesterday, it felt a little awkward, but I had to just man-up and be with my wife.

Rode my friggin' tandem at top speed home, got there only a minute after they got in. B was all shweaty and achey but good. We ended up falling asleep on the bed most of the afternoon. Ate horribly, must eat better tomorrow while waiting for B's belly to do its thing.

Yesterday doesn't quite seem real. Today, even less so. Tomorrow, I imagine it'll only go more pear-shaped.

BREAKFAST: 10am, Manhattan Special, a handful of Italian cookies, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2:30pm, shrimp chowfun, egg roll, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 9pm, bagel and hummus, a little raclette cheese, pint of ice cream. 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

2 comments:

WTRSKID said...

Hey, since you know I read your blog, here's my two cents: don't know why some need to make themselves feel better by making others miserable - but their life really has to suck to take that approach! I'm sooo happy you are a nice person - and betcha that little person you guys are cooking up will be tickled pink to meet ya soon...!

D

deebee said...

Wow...your business and busting yer arse all over the place really is amazing. I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl.......may it all go smoothly.