Wednesday, July 8

Wine Tasting in the Morning, Wine Tasting in the Afternoon

Yesterday I boiled a 14 oz can of condensed sweetened milk for about 4 hours. Today, I opened the can and put the dark brown caramel it produced into a couple of cups of whole milk and dissolved it with a pinch of salt and some vanilla bean scrapings. Tomorrow, dulce de leche ice cream!

Had a weird 5 hours at the restaurant today. Striving for clarity, still not sure if my future is there yet.

BREAKFAST: 7am, smoothie, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM WINE TASTING: 11-12am, some bread and Gruyere, sips of 8 wines, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Went heavy on the bread and cheese.

PM SNACK: 1:45pm, half a Manhattan Special, cookie, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, sweet and spicy couscous with a few morsels of hangar steak, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Pizza chef brought in some home cooking, I sampled it. Reminds me of my farro and sausage. Candied walnuts were a nice touch, though jalapeno heat was a little unbalanced. Makes me think I should put raisins plumped in wine in my next grain-based stewwy dish.

PM SNACKS: 3:30-5:30, a wine tasting, slice of round, slice of Sicilian, half a meatball on bread, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
This is what happens when you hang out in a slow restaurant! Weird to deal with two wine tastings in one day, this time from a salesman trying to get us to carry his vineyard's line. And I'm not even a big wine fan, oof!

DINNER: 8pm, large green salad, Singapore chow mei fun, watermelon 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Mmmm, cold Chinese leftovers.

No comments: