Saturday, July 11

Bang-Bang is a No-No

Road 60+ miles with E and a friend up to Piermont. We left Greenpoint at 7, after snarfing some donuts I brought from my local, and hit it nice and hard -- both were stronger riders than me, which forced me to focus and push it a little. Drank about 80oz of water roundtrip.

BREAKFAST: 7am, 1.5 donuts, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 10am, 2/3 of a turkey bang-bang wrap, 20oz of gatorade, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Yukky wrap, good idea, poor execution. Wholewheat wrap with nicely cut real turkey, cucumber, lettuce, cilantro, peanut sauce. It was sitting around too long, the sauce got too goopy and soaked the wrap and veg.

LUNCH 2: 1:30pm, fish taco, chicken empanada, chorizo deep fried thingy, fried green plantains, 1 beer, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Pedro's in DUMBO. My two companions got one big dish each -- nachos with a ton of crap on it and a big-ass burrito. I decided to order a bunch of stuff from around the menu, and glad I did. I noticed as I was eating that while there were a lot of overlap in ingredients and spices, the thing that really made each little dish different was the cooking method -- the taco's innards were sauteed, the empanada was steamed, the plantains were pan fried (and pressed), and the deep fried thingy, was, uh, y'know. It really made for a nicely sized, but fully entertaining and filling meal.

PM SNACK: 3:30, watermelon, a little Gatorade, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7:30pm, cesar salad, 2 slices of Earth Mother pizza, orange soda, dulce de leche ice cream, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Ordered in from 2boots, fneh. The salad was a bit overdressed, but the pizza....they sent a wholewheat crust even though I did not ask for it, and in this thicker Sicilian style, the improper texture made by wholewheat flour really came through.

No comments: