Friday, October 9

Chest hair and a weiner

Got out of the house early to get to the UES to help my momma-in-law out with her computer. Spent the afternoon at a mother's group, 5 women and their babies, again me being the lone dude. Something tells me there is short story growing out of the my experience being the lone dude at these things....unless they kick me out for having chest hair and a weiner!

BREAKFAST: 8:15am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
The standard with the frozen fruit. Good. I think I have this down.

LUNCH: noon, slice of superhippy bread with camembert from school spread on it, large green salad, butternut squash soup, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Now THIS is eatin'! Not to pat myself on the back, but this squash soup is blowing my mind. I wish I measured everything, so I could recreate it. It's the spices I chose to spice it with, it really brings it to another level.

PM SNACK: 2:30pm, rice crispie bar, pumpkin muffin, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5pm, slice of streetza, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7:30pm, mixed BBQ, a little max n' cheese, a little corn pudding, 1 beer, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Some friends and I went to Hill Country on 26th Street, and I must say the food was mediocre, the service was horrible and the only thing that made the meal fun was the company of my friends. They have this stupid system similar to Katz's, where you get an ornate ticket before you enter, you get food from different stations, eat in a cafeteria setting, and pay before you leave. BUT those fucktards wouldn't let us sit without our whole party....even though the place was half empty. There were other issues I won't get into, but looking back, it seemed like there was a committee designing the concept, and rather than go with a true 'market' concept or a waiter concept, they came up with a hybrid that just does not work or make any sense. I just could not eat this food, and left a 5% tip, it wasn't 0 because I suspect it wasn't really the waiter's fault.

EVENING SNORT: 9pm, 2 pints of Old Speckled Hen, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: