Sunday, November 15

A Catered Affair


Woke up to an alarm clock for the first time in a long time. Had to get together everything for the baby shower into a cart, get B and Edie together, and get out the door by 9am. Nothing like taking your family on the subways on a Sunday morning with about 65 lbs of food and stuff in a granny cart. I gotta hand it to B, she tolerates my shtick like no other, with good humor and makes this potentially awful morning smooth and fun.

And no, I dealt with the cart while she carried the Edie. I would of done both, but it was too dangerous going up and down stairs with that kind of weight.

The baby shower I cooked the food for went smoothly. The food was a hit, got a lot of compliments, though I was surprised that my favorite dish, the cous-cous salad, was probably the least popular. Another friend of C's did the sweets, of which I couldn't help but think how I'd do it all differently, a little less sweet there, a little more sweet here. Oh well.

I made a rum punch which went down really well: 4 parts apple cider, 1 part OJ, 1 part cranberry juice, 1 cinnamon stick, garnished with 4 orange slices with whole cloves studded in them. Heated, then 1 part spiced rum added. Very seasonally appropriate, gonna do it again for the mothers at some point.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, organic cheerios with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

ALL DAY SNACKING:
10:30am-5:30pm, some Israeli cous-cous salad, a bite of mac n' cheese, 1 beer, 1 cup of rum punch, a handful of cream puffs, a slice of lemon cake, a thin slice of flourless chocolate cake, a handful of vegetable sticks, a handful of chocolate chip cookies, a few small cups of soda, a few bites of random cheeses on crackers, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: