Thursday, December 10

Clean bill

Not a lot of sleep. Edie was much better in the morning, no fever, GI distress mostly passed. Still, it was a night of a new feeling: parental worry. I guess I really am an adult now. Edles & I hit up the pediatrician (I just wrote "pedo", but it just looked wrong) at 9am, and Edie got a clean bill of health.

However, upon review of her diet, the doc recommended adding some non-binding foods in there. We've been doing the rice cereal, mashed banana, carrot, sweet potato and that's about it other than formula -- she hasn't taken to apple, pear, and a few others. So we're going to add a wee bit of prune juice, stewed prunes and....I'm going to go to Wholefoods and pick up a selection of baby foods. I've come to the conclusion that making small quantities of fresh baby food is good in concept, but between the time it takes to make and the packing of the food and the washing of the dishes it creates, I need to find a non-creepy baby food at the market.

Looking at what I ate today, jeeze, I was tired. And unfortunately, the Manhattan Specials kept me up until 3am...

BREAKFAST: 8am, newman-os, gatorade, .25 bowl, hunger 2/5

AM SNACK: 10:30am, brown rice shrimp maki rolls, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: noon, left over fresh pasta, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
1:30pm, a little taste of different chocolates & peanut butter

PM SNACK:
3pm, manhattan special, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
5pm, slice of pepperoni pizza, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
6pm, manhattan special, .t bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
7pm, scraps of peanut butter & dark chocolate ganache rice crispie thingies, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER:
7:45pm, Stouffers Frenchbread pizza, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: