Thursday, November 18

i cooked a whole lot

Woke up groggy. Caffeine kick helped me start the day off right with just me n' Edie in the house.

Had a "healthy" organic vegetarian burrito thing out of the freezer case for lunch. I used to eat a lot of these in college and in my early days in the city. Why? They are NASTY. And expensive, $3 for the little thing. Had me thinking that as we head into winter, I need to start cooking things that are filling, in large quantities to have in the freezer. Get some whole wheat wraps, cook up some refried beans, sprinkle so high-quality sharp cheddar, and I'll have microwave burritos in the freezer that are a) fresher, b) tastier, and pennies on the dollar. 


School lightened my mood, felt productive and successful. Me and 9 kids, in 3.75 hours, knocked out 3 plain cheese cakes, 3 pumpkin cheesecakes, 5 sheets of brownies, about 12 dozen biscuits, 5 big trays of corn bread, enough Cesar dressing for 100 salads, a gallon of jerk marinade, 20 meatloafs and a bucket cranberry sauce, all from scratch. We'll be cooking another ton on Tuesday, and the home stretch will be early Wednesday morning, when at noon we'll be feeding the school, about 170 mouths.


Didn't eat much today, just didn't feel like it.


AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea, small handful of chocolate covered espresso beans

PM SNACK: 1pm, frozen burrito, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5 


SCHOOL NIBBLES: 3-7pm, 1 biscuit, a couple of chipsahoy cookies, about a cup of sprite


DINNER: 9pm, frozen vegan breakfast burrito, 2 mini burgers, cheesy poofs, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: