Tuesday, November 9

Water, water everywhere, and many drops to drink

I think I realized this morning that 10 cups/5 pints/2 quarts and a pint/a little over half a gallon of water a day is about average for me. I don't transcribe it here because there is already enough monotony on this very day-in-day-out blog. But I shall record it this week never the less.

I took an internet quiz about how much water I should drink today, I had to plug in my weight (230), how many minutes of exercise I plan to do today (0), am I pregnant (no), am I breastfeeding (certainly not), am I at a high altitude (no), am I in a dry climate (no, how man alcoholic drinks will I consume (0), is the weather extremely hot or cold (yes, it's kinda a hot-tea wrap yourself in cashmere kinda day), do I have fever or diarrhea (no). My answer was as follows:
131 ounces of water today (that's 16 and a half cups)
If you eat a healthy diet, about 20 percent of your water may come from the foods you eat. If you eat a healthy diet you an drink 104.8 ounces (13 cups). Water is the obvious source of your daily fluid needs. Other good beverages include milk, herbal teas, low sodium broth, 100% fruit and vegetable juices. Soft drinks will also count toward your daily total of fluid, just remember that sugar sweetened soft drinks and fruit juices add extra calories to your daily diet that you don't need.
So strictly speaking, they say I may not be drinking enough water, but that may also be total bullshit.  I didn't include my daily green tea (1 pint/2 cups) or the various crappy sodas I've been drinking....

BREAKFAST: 8am, the good steelcut oatmeal with a pat of butter, 1 pint iced green tea, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
11:30am, fresh baked bread, handful of olives,  2 cups water, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
LUNCH:
1pm, 2 slices of pizza, half a glass of wine, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM WATERING:
2:30pm, 2 cups water
PM SNACK:
4:45pm, green salad, 2 cups water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
DINNER:
5:45pm, 2 slices white Sicilian with shrimp, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM WATERING:
6:30pm, 2 cups water
DINNER pt 2:
8pm, 3 slices super thin pizza, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, small pork fried rice, 2 cups water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: