Thursday, April 28

Royal Ice Cream

Woke up without enough sleep, took Edie to class 10-11:30. On the way home got lunch from my favorite Chinese cart (the kind where there is no English and the vendor doesn't speak English except to shout, "FEESHBAHL!" at you) and home. When Edie napped, I ate and got ready for class. I seriously considered calling in and saying I couldn't come, but a) in two years I haven't missed a class yet and b) despite my lack of energy, this has been such a good group, they'll probably motivate me.

And I was right, it was a kick-ass class with a group of 7, running through all the recipes we did last time, PLUS everyone making pasta from scratch. Other than a kid jamming a bench scraper into the roller while on and busting it, it was a pretty good class.

Got home in a haze, good thing I finished the grocery shopping yesterday. Some cooking, some TV, then sleep

TODAY'S COOKING
Two kinds of ice cream custard: Having dinner for a few friends over tomorrow, basically a TV watching party of the Royal Wedding. Couldn't care less, but it's a good excuse. British themed food. I split a batch of my vanilla custard, one half to be B's favorite, cookies n' cream, the other half hit with cinnamon, allspice, clove, nutmeg, orange zest and lemon zest. Also started a soak of cherries in brandy overnight, which along with nuts will go into some shortbread to compliment the ice cream, as I hate tough and crunchy nuggets in smooth ice cream, Ben & Jerries be damned!

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, brown rice crispies with organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 12:30pm, rice noodle fish ball, 2 lotus leaf wrap, Newman-Os, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


SCHOOL DINNER: 7:15pm, meatballs, fresh pasta with fresh sauce, baked ziti, broccoli steamed in wine, sprite, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 2 ice cream sandwiches, Newman-Os, cheesy poofs, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
I go on crap binges when I'm over-tired, I find.

No comments: