Monday, October 24

The Knishening - Day 1

Had dreams about making knishes, kind of. I had a made a huge amount of crisp thin dried round apple slices, and I was attempting to smear peanut butter on them and reassemble them so they looked kinda like lined apples. I was only able to make a handful of perfect ones, as a lot of the apple broke or was misshapen.

After taking Edie to school, went straight home and attacked the mountain of knish making. Today, did the dough, filling, assembly and baking of 125 apple-cheese and chocolate-hazelnut sweet knishes. Diced 15 lbs of onions before showering and picking up Edie at school at 3. When B got home a little after 6, started again and diced another 30 lbs. Pretty much got done what I wanted, but I suspect I'm going to have to go late Thurs and Friday nights....

AM SNACK: 7:15am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 10:30am, good granola, dead organic milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


AM SNACK: 11:45am, pint of grenadine soda, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 4pm, shrimp lomein, egg roll, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 8:30pm, white castle burgers, water, peanuts & chocolate chips, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: