Tuesday, October 25

The Knishening - Day 2

Woke up at 6am to get the onions in the oven, but only 2 of the trays fit. Peeled potatoes as Edie and B got up, and soon after I delivered E to school, got back to cooking the potatoes, cooking up the filling for the pumpkin knishes and kasha knishes, made a buttload of knish dough.

By 2:30 got everything cleaned up, cooling in the fridge or the counter and picked Edie up from school. First we went to the market to pick up some supplies, then to a park, where I ate some Chinatown vendor food. I dropped Edie off with our friend B and his son (sons, I guess, since he has a new sprog) while I did a shift at the CSA. Once home, I got to the process of assembly and baking until I couldn't no mo'. Ran out of dough, that was all. A little ahead of my production schedule, but as a few bumps have shown me, I'm really figuring this out as I go.


AM SNACK: 6:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 10:30am, good granola with dead organic milk, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 3:15pm, fishball with rice noodle, lotus leaf wraps, a donut, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 9pm, mini kasha knish


DINNER: 10:30pm, 2 hotdogs, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: