Friday, November 18

Good, busy

Got to bed at 11:30, woke up at 7 feeling a bit drained and confused, but ok. Got straight to work on baking some pumpkins n' stuff, and after delivering Edie, got down to the business of making pumpkin knishes. B's mom & bro came over in the evening and we ordered in a pizza, it was a good busy day.

TODAY'S COOKING:
Pumpkin Knishes: Three rounds of 36, a few went down me n' Betsy and our friend T's throats -- a little saltier than I aimed for, but tasty. I initially feared I didn't make enough, but the filling kind of hit the nail on the head, though I made almost 2x as much dough as necessary....which means I may have to make more knishes later this week, he he. Perhaps experiment with dough in the middle of the filling...

AM SNACK: 7:30am, iced green tea


BREAKFAST: 9am, 4 whole wheat waffles, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 12:15pm, small bowl of farro & sausage, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 1pm, pumpkin knish, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5 
Had to taste after the first round came out of the oven. A little too salty, but not unreasonable. Pretty good. I'd not feel ripped off being charge $3 for this.

LUNCH: 2pm, baked ziti, kasha varnishkes, grenadine soda, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Tossed the salad because it smelled like old fridge. I zapped some baked ziti and by the time I finished half of it, I realized it was unusually "tangy" like sour cream, so I tossed it. Kasha was still good, however. -phew-

DINNER: 6pm, pizza, water, a little bownie & ice cream, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, graham crackers, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: