Thursday, June 28

Shoveling into My Mouf

I knew I was eating a late dinner this evening, it was a little difficult to hold off until then. The diet soda and the watermelon did it's job in holding me down, but looking back, maybe I should have filled up on vegetables -- sweet was my go-to when getting that hungry, but may not be the best choice for longer-term satiety.

Another thing is getting used to the anxiety of just not knowing how many calories are in the food in front of me. I could spend an hour on the internet and calorie-count books to try to get a rough estimate of what today's dinner was, but in the end, I know I did not pig out and the portions were small. I got to bed again not feeling stuffed but with space to eat more, so that feeling has to be an answer to my anxiety for now.

THE COUNT: 2685

AM SNACK: 8am, iced green tea, 25 cal


BREAKFAST: 9:15am, Fage full fat yogurt with honey, almonds, vanilla, 460 cal


LUNCH: noon, PBJ on whole wheat, fresh salsa with chips, 800 cal
Salsa made yesterday is pretty good. Funny how 135 cal (1 oz) of chips is barely enough to shovel 60 cal worth of salsa into my mouf.


PM SNACK: 4:30pm, 12 oz diet sprite, 0 cal


PM SNACK: 5:45pm, watermelon, 225 cal

DINNER: 8:30pm, bean salad, squid and beet on flatbread with a white sauce, frito pie, mussels, fried potato cubes, small quennelle of almond ice cream with mascerated cherries and almond cake, water, +/- 1,200 cal
Hadn't seen E one on one in quite a while, and I'm her maid of honor at her wedding in a month, so there had to be some good eatin' going on. Went to a resto with small plates, the portions were reasonable but definitely highly caloric. I'm guessing a high number simply because it feels guiltily like I went over my budget, though maybe I didn't -- the portions were really restrained.

No comments: