Friday, June 29

Kolon-Bloe

Today was to be a bike day, but last night as I was installing my new calorie-reporting cyclometer, I noticed my rear was flat. Three tubes and three instant flats later, I realized something was wrong with the rim and have to take the wheel in for professional intervention -- no way I want to be out by Montauk, catch a perma-flat, and have to spend $$$ getting home. So Montauk hopefully next week, and I'm gonna try to get a night ride to Coney in early next week, if not sooner.

Felt a bit pent up while staying in this morning and did a few negative pull ups and a few assisted pull ups, hopefully I'll feel them tomorrow.

Not tracking protein and fat vs carbs, but was aware of it today. Maybe I should dig deeper and go there?

TODAY'S COOKING:
Whole rice blend with lentils & TVP: Cup of rice blend (brown ice, wheat berries, wild rice, rye berries), cup of red lentils, cup of dried textured vegetable protein. 5 cups of water, tbsp of butter, tsp of salt, a sachet of bay leaves, a small pack of dried morels ground up, corriander, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, a few turns of fresh pepper. Idea is a big taste, but also a high-protein low-fat side dish.


THE COUNT: 2490


AM SNACK: 8:45am, iced green tea, 25 cal
New batch, "Dragon Well" green tea. Nice, suble, a little nutty. Again each gallon sweetened with 1/4 cup sugar for just the removal of any bitter notes created by my clumsy American method of brewing and steeping, he he.

BREAKFAST: 9am, "Muligrain Oatbran Cereal" with whole milk, 300 calories
New cereal for me, tastes surprisingly good, like cornflakes with a broad grainy flavor. On the edge of sweet, sweeter than I though a hippy-dippy cereal packaged in a big bio-degradable plastic bag would be, but OK with high amounts of protein & fiber, and comparatively little sugar. They do have to do something with that name, call it "Healthy-Os" or "Kolon-Bloe" or something.

LUNCH: noon, wholegrain rice blend with lentils and tvp, turkey meatballs, baby carrots & kimchi, 12 oz diet sprite, cherry sorbet, 795
Turkey meatballs are a frozen pre-packaged thing I'm experimenting with, up the protein while keeping fat in check. I checked out all the different kinds of pre-made meatballs, drawn to beef and pork, and found surprising the fat and calories in the red meat. So THAT'S why people have an issue, he he!

Thought I was going to eat half the batch of rice, but as I'm filling up the bowl on the scale, realized it would be way too much food. So that gave me some calorie room for 40g of cherry sorbet (90 cal), which is a shockingly small portion, he he.

PM SNACK: 6pm, watermelon, 260 cal

DINNER: 7:30pm, Stouffer's French Bread pizzas, 860 cal


EVENING SNACK: 8:45pm, tortilla chips and homemade salsa, 250 cal
Funny, I measured out only enough to meet the budget, and it was enough.


1380
0860
2240

No comments: