Monday, July 2

Weights & Measures

229.8--->225.4--->223.4


This is how I used to express my month to month weight measures, looking at the trend over 1/4 of a year. It is much more informative, however, to look at the trends over 2 years....




Ah, OK then. Seems I dip in the summers, expand in the winters. This time last year I was actually 2.5 pounds lighter, but truth be told, I was under duress because of leaving the restaurant, and I literally was barely eating due to the big knot in my stomach. Not a healthy eating plan. Why the mountains and valleys? I think despite my big eating after bike rides, I still burn more than I take in, and the valleys kind of look like how much I get to do big bike rides.

WEEKEND REPORT:
Ate awfully. Or more precisely, bounced back to the old normal. Kinda needed it, like when you need a break from a hard job, but still, I look forward to getting back to the new way of eating. I kept the amounts under control, except Saturday night, when momma-in-law come over to help out, we ordered in Chinese, I finished up other left overs and had a triple portion of my cherry sorbet.
----
I measured myself  on Sunday, nice it's going down but feels less impressive in the context of the data. My goal, I suppose, to to make break the cycle and get close to the bottom of the graph and stay there.

I originally intended to do a 30 mile bike ride out to Coney after dinner, but had a wave of tiredness once I ate. I helped look after another 3 year old for a few hours after school, which was surprisingly exhausting, plus I lifted weights in the morning. Hopefully tomorrow...

THE COUNT: 2385


TODAY'S COOKING
Pancakes: Didn't get around to this over the weekend, so ripped off a batch. Light butter milk in addition to whole milk, doubled the eggs to six, and split the 24 oz of flour between half white and half whole wheat. Got 55 small pancakes out of the batch, for 75 cal each.

AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea, 25 cal


BREAKFAST: 9:45am, fruit smoothie, 320 cal


LUNCH: 12:45pm, broiled cod, pancakes, baby carrots, 900 cal
Broiled in my caste iron grill pan. Forgot it's a bad idea to do fish in caste iron, unless you plan to use it for only fish. Had to smoke up the house to get the fish off.

DINNER: 6pm, whole wheat pasta with sauce & shrimp, slightly steamed string beans, watermelon, glass of nut brown beer, 890 cal
Huge pile of string beans, only 90 cal. Funny, haven't eaten string beans in years but I remember loving them as a kid because my dad loved them. He'd steam them in a steamer basket with thin slices of garlic, then dress them with a little melted butter and salt. Maybe I'll do that when I serve them to others, but for myself, just trimming, cleaning, putting in a plastic bag then zapping for 2 minutes gives it the right amount of 90% snap to 10% cooked. Don't need salt as long as I mix mouthfuls with other things on the plate, the slight carry over salt gives it all it needs. Wow, I'm really looking hard into my belly-button now...


EVENING SNACK: 7:45pm, glass of chocolate milk, 250 cal


EVENING SNACK: 10pm, 8oz diet sprite, 0 cal

No comments: