Wednesday, July 4

4th o' July

B had the day off, Edles was home from summer camp. In the morning took Edie to the supermarket to do a full shop, right after delivering the groceries we two went to the public pool for an hour, so much fun. Cooked up in the afternoon, the fam went to a nice party in a garden in the early evening.

After hours and when every one was asleep, took  the big bike to Brooklyn to the HVS's pad and we rode bikes with a book case attached to me. For the record, every single time me and the HVS have rode across the city hauling furniture by bike, there has been fireworks.

Today's count is a bit of a guess, but I did have a noticeable pang of hunger as I was going to sleep, which was encouraging.

THE COUNT: 2380

AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea, 25 cal


BREAKFAST: 9:45am, kolon bloe with whole milk, 300 cal


PM SNACK: 12:45pm, watermelon, 130 cal


LUNCH: 1:30pm, homemade pizza, small scoop of cherry sorbet, diet sprite, +/- 900 cal
B had some good friends over who rarely make an appearance, so did the full court press with pizza. Brussel sprout/scallop/no cheese is a slammin' combination, sooo much better than that mess of a pie I got at Motorino. Too hands on to count calories, but limited myself to two tiny scoops of sorbet, though I felt like eating 4x more than that. When those desires go away some day, I'll know I've achieved something, though I accept they may never.

DINNER: 6pm, mystery meat hot dog, 3 jalapeno poppers, some tortilla chips and avocado & bean salsa, small cub of noodle kugel, 1 1/2 small berry cheesecake cupcakes, water, +/- 900 cal
At a really nice 4th of July party in a Greenthumb park in Alphabet City. Never had a "jalapeno popper" before -- a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, grilled. Kinda gross, but I was hungry and it was the first thing out. Fortunately, there was no good beer available so I easily avoid 300 cal or so there. If I wasn't watching what I was eating, I easily would have eaten a 2nd hot dog and more desserts, but I left feeling satisfied but not full.

EVENING SNACK: 11pm, watermelon, 125 cal
I realize why watermelon is so satisfying: I can eat a very large, outsized wedge and only consume the calories of a dainty 1oz bag of chips.

No comments: