Saturday, August 4

The Discovery of Pancakes

ADDENDA: I rarely eat popcorn at home, but I felt the urge to make it late last night, but not with the airpopper, but fried in oil. Is this a symptom of me not wanting to deny myself anything? At the movies a few nights ago, I skipped the popcorn because the sodium would of been over the top....

BREAKFAST: 11am, humerous pancakes with a little water and nothing else, hunger 3/5. After last night's binge, my stomach was a little queazy this morning, but I was so looking forward to making panckaes from scratch. I used the mixer we got from the registry for the first time, making a batch of dry mix, using all organic ingredients. Then I took a measure and mixed in some organic whole milk and eggs, and fried them up in the good butter. Oh my. If I got these pancakes in a restaurant, I'd be DAMN, these are some fine pancakes! Fluffy, just a tinge of sweetness, you can taste notes of fresh egg and milk, nice chew. Wow. I totally forgot to fry up some bacon, and didn't need it, this was enough to focus on.

LUNCH: 3pm, BLT on whole grain with sprouts, avocado, diet black cherry soda, watermelon, hunger 3/5. Nice ordered-in sandwichs with B and old HS friend in town for tonight's bachelor party. Funny how bacon appealled because I skipped it this morning.

DINNER: 7pm, various pizza with little cheese (lardo, pepperoni, spicey cheeseless), vegetable and meat crudo, various gelato, 1 beer and 2 glasses wine. This was my bachelor party's dinner at Otto, mmmmm pizza and icecream! As with real good pizza, a little cheese goes a long way. And the Lardo (basically a crust that has a little bit of garlic, olive oil and squares of cured pork fat) was really weird but tasty. Pork fat pizza.....

EVENING: 9pm-1am, 3 beers, one shot. The dinner kept me 75% sober.

No comments: