Sunday, July 29

Brain off, Sunday gets Salty

BREAKFAST: 9am, rice crispies with unsweetened soy milk. Gonna try this with the unhomogenized whole milk. The soy milk is kinda watery and flat. No pleasure from it.

BREAKFAST #2, 11am, fresh onion bagel with hummus. Went to farmers market to get salad stuff, and picked up fresh bagels from kossars. Their bagelly warmth and fresh unfrozen smell drew me in instinctively.

LUNCH: 1:30pm, blt with fries, half a piece of pie, half glass of wine, a biscuit. At Bubby's where we are going to get married. With B and 3 others, planning the wedding. Intense. Food was OK, not really that great, wasn't paying attention. A lot of salt upon reflection.

DINNER: 7:45pm, large green salad with italian dressing, diet black cherry soda, frozen satchet of kasha varneshges. The kasha is a food I gre up with, comfort food, bowtie eggnoodles in a moistish compote of buckwheat and ground pepper. I read the nutritional info - the whole thing had more than 1000mg of sodium!! After the afternoon fries, realized this was a bad day for my bloodpressure. Next time I eat this dish, I will make it myself. I'm pretty sure this is a dish my grandmother used to make for my mom, but my mom just bought frozen for me and my brother growing up.

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, hunk of watermelon. Not so much hungry as craving sugar.

No comments: