Monday, August 6

Minted Monday

ADDENDA: Went by the local greenmarket yesterday afternoon, it was looking a bit anemic, and the lone veg seller had a small, wilty selection. Will try to stop by the world-renowned Union Square green market on the way home for a full salad. I hear they have meats n' other good stuff, too....

BREAKFAST: 8am, one altoids mint, hunger 1/5. Last night's mac n' cheese attack was weighing on me this morning. I wonder how long I can go on mints before needing real food....

AM SNACK: 10am, another mint, hunger 3/5. A little hungry, but bizzy with work. Ah, Ilsa will be thrilled with this nutritional experiment....

LUNCH: 12:45pm, megasoy burritto with black beans, chips and salsa, mint & 24 oz still water. hunger 4/5. Haven't been back to Burrittoville since starting to think about my diet more. I thought it would be much saltier than it was, oddly enough. Eating the corn chips, I started to feel a bit guilty - these are really the equivalent of french fries, aren't they? Was tempted to get an organic cookie when coming into the building, but thought I'd have a mint now, and go for a sweet when I REALLY craved it this afternoon. Got a VERY slight headache after, but I think it's because I haven't been drinking (mint and water eaten after walk back to office)

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, organic chocolate brownie, 24 oz still water, hunger 3/5. Too sweet, this 'Mad Moose' brownie is front loaded with sugar and too light on the dark chocolate. Funny, I'm jonesing for sugar but when I eat this thing, it's too sweet. I bet I can make a much better all-organic brownie....

PM SNACK: 6:30pm. Small handful of saltless pretzels from the green market, hunger 4/5.

DINNER: 7:30pm, large green salad and italian dressing, 2 ears sweet corn with salt, butter, grated cheese, bowl of left over mac n' cheese. Hunger 4/5. We went to the green market in Union Square and bought the ingredients for a glorious salad, wow, it tasted good. The jersey corn tasted like it was injected with sugar, so good and fresh. Unfortunately, it was not enough and I finished last night's mac n' cheese, which again tasted salty.

EVENING SNACK: 9pm. saltless pretzels and peanutbutter, hunger 4/5. Good thing that chocolate wasn't here, or it would of been gone. This snack was Betsy's suggestion, and it did the trick. Got a good night sleep after. No serious sweets!

No comments: