Friday, September 14

It's too early to think of a snappy post title

BREAKFAST: 6am, toasted onion bagel with good butter, glass of lime seltzer, dirt pill, hunger 2/5
Tempted not to eat, but thinking about discipline and the extra desert and stuff. And I gotta get to work early to do a slightly intimidating freelance job that's too well-paid to pass on....

BP 7:30am 134/84
Damn, that's high. Too much salt yesterday? Gonna make an app't today with the medical doc to make sure these numbers are for real.

AM SNACK: 7:30am, 24 oz still water

LUNCH: 1:45pm, lamb over rice, hunger 4.5/5
Intense work day. Almost over the top. Falling asleep from hunger during the meeting before I was able to get away for lunch. Ate lunch at a public outdoor space in midtown, away from the office. Felt good to eat.

It's now after 6pm, going to fancy dinner at Craft with B to celebrate the chunk of change I earned today (as I luckily just finished it! Talk about singing for supper!), but am at 4.5 again and there is no healthy options near by....

PM SNACK: 6pm, large bag of plain potato chips, 24 oz still water, hunger 4.5/5
The deli next door was just so....limited. So much stuff, so few real choices. I was looking at the sunchips, and noticed it had EXACTLY the same amount of salt as plain Lay's potato chips. I feel a bit beaten up/in deserving of reward, so I snarfed the potato chips to keep me going till fancy dinner...

I called the doc this morning, but his office didn't open yet. I just called again, closed for the day. -sigh- Will follow up on Monday. I'm so burnt. I gotta keep healthy shelf-stable snacks around here to ward off another case of the the potato chip heebie jeebies.

This is how burnt I feel (hanging on for dear life with adult sippy cup):



DINNER: 8pm, 2 pieces of good bread & butter, a spoonful of squid ceveche, small boston lettuce and feta salad, 3 pieces of raw tuna belly with jalapenos, small rack of smoky berkshire pork, roasted onions, risotto, gnocchi, chocolate tarts and fresh donuts, lots of water, hunger 4/5
It's 10pm, I'm beat, but I just have to write down this meal, it was so friggin' good. After having those eh potato chips satiate me, my hunger came rip-roaring back with the bread and did let up till the end of desert. It's nice when a huge appetite meets a meal made by people who dedicate their days to making the best food possible with the best ingredients - we went to Craft on 19th street, where the ingredients are mostly locally sourced. It was nice connecting with B over a meal.

I kinda of wish every meal could be similar to this one, and once I get some more cooking skills, it'll be a bit closer to that. If every meal was like this, though, I'd be extremely fat and extremely poor...

No comments: