Wednesday, September 12

Burgerfest 2007

ADDENDA:
Super busy at work.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, decadent oatmeal, small amount of water, dirt pill, hunger 4/5
In Ilsa's meeting last night, I hinted at maybe a shift in focus to the most boring thing to read about in a blog, losing a little bit of weight. I know from past reading that keeping a consistent stream of food in you is key - ideally, a lot of small meals scattered through the day instead of 3 (or, like yesterday, 2) monster meals. So breakfast is key. If anything has evolved more than anything for me during this blog, so far it's been breakfast. Decadent oatmeal, pancakes from scratch, plain yogurt revealed to be delicious, bagels with magical butter of the grass...what could be next?!

AM SNACK: 24 oz still water

LUNCH: 2:30pm, half pound organic burger on whole wheat bun with all the fixin's, slaw, small amount of non-dairy mashed potatos, hunger 4/5
Went to "Better Burger" with Tamar, a chain place whose hook is organic non-hormonal meat, healthy everything. I thought about fries, then went with the slaw, but then I noticed the fries there are actually baked, but ruled against it anyway - baked fries is kinda as pointless as soy milk to my taste buds. As I'm eating the burger, I realized I had made a play date with a good friend to eat at Shake Shack near where Ilsa (and B) works this evening - burgers-a-poppin'! I'm not a big burger fan, so I guess one day of multiple burgers won't kill me....

DINNER: 8pm, 2 hamburgers with ketchup, one bratwurst with onion and pickle, a handful of frenchfries, a cup of chocolate custard, hunger 4/5
Shake Shack is NOT all that. I waited in line with my friend Yana a good 30 minutes, it's a good thing we had a lot to talk about because we hadn't seen each other much for a good month before the wedding, because if I was really impatient I would of been pissed. The burgers were a tad dry, a little salty, on generic white burger buns. The dog was generic.

I was sorely tempted to get fries, because this is the kind of meals you get fries with, and unlike Better Burger, no other sides were offered. As we got to the front of the line, I saw someone in the kitchen with a big box of "FROZEN POTATO FRIES" on their shoulder - so much for gourmet. Yana got fries, and didn't finish them. So I had one, it wasn't that good. Then the remainder on the plate jumped up and popped in my mouth, I had nothing to do with it, I swear! It was a moment of weakness, but they just didn't taste very good, my resolve is strengthened.

The chocolate custard, however, was the bomb diggitty. I will definitely be back for that, but as for the burgers and food, total hype. My lunch burger wasn't all that, but it was superior to that hockey puck.

No comments: