Friday, October 19

Unmitigated Dinner Disaster

ADDENDA:
Had my third go at yoga last night, this time focusing on back-bending. I got there 5 minutes late after rushing down by bike, and I kinda wanted to stay at work and knock some stuff out to be able to go home with a clear mind. All through yoga, I felt distracted by 'Superstuffed', which is part of the title of the Thanksgiving event I'm helping coordinate - funny how it references the American holiday habit of eating to excess, while I'm doing all I can to get out from under that baggage. Anyway, there were a few moves and routines I was just too tired/unfocused for and just laid there till people got by them. One however, hurt like hell - the hero pose where your basically sitting on the fronts of your fore-legs with your knees tied together and back straight. I sat on 2 blocks to make it possible, but it killed my knees, legs, feet, ankles. Held it for what seemed like forever (though probably 60 seconds), all the while of having images of my knees forever being damaged and never riding a bike again. When we came out of it and shook it out and went into downward facing dog, I was shocked to find my knees actually felt really good after all that. Huh.

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, toasted onion bagel with good butter, hunger 3/5

AM WATERING: 8:30am, 24 oz still

LUNCH: 1:15pm, curry pork tonkatsu with white rice, cabbage, 3 pork dumplings, seaweed salad, water, hunger 4/5
Good Japanese, will never go to that crappy sushi place again next door. Haven't had meat since....the day before yesterday, really enjoyed it, wonder if I could make it similarly at home by pounding a piece of meat within an inch of it's life....

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, large piece of cheese cake, water, hunger 3/5
Birthday at the office, it's Tamar's fault for treating her peeps so well.

DINNER: 7:30pm, small green salad, horrendously bad bar-za, pecan tart with vanilla gelato, water, hunger 2/5
Went to Lucky Strike with B and Yana, it was starting to rain and it was convenient. Love going to dinner with Yana, but the menu did not appeal to me this evening, and the previous cheesecake put the squash on my appetite. So I thought ordering the bar-za would be a safe palatable option, I've never really eaten pizza at a bar/french restaurant. It was HORRIBLE, the menu said fresh moz, and there was a thin layer of it buried under a blanket of crappy yellow industrial cheese, ick. After the first tiny slice I tried to pick off as much of the bad cheese as possible, but it just kind of ruined it. Had dessert just to eat something good, even though I wasn't hungry for anything. Oy.

No comments: