Tuesday, October 16

Will I find the pizza love of my life tonight?

ADDENDA:
While I was grocery shopping at Wholefoods last night, was thinking about my evolving relationship to pizza. They have these really expensive 'gourmet' frozen pizzas that are better than the industrial stuff, but bottom line they aren't that great either. Grumble-thinking, damn, I should make my own....DUH! So I bought a frozen ball of pizza dough, a can of San Marzano tomatoes and a container of fresh buffalo moz. We have fresh basil from B's cousin's Brooklyn backyard, and a pizza stone from our registry. Tonight's cooking will be a challenge but crazy fun...

BREAKFAST:
6:30am, organic cornflakes with good milk, hunger 3/5
Still getting to work super-early, but the Sumner Redstone presentation I shepherded is being shown today, and the other doody-sandwich of a project I'm on is still in the weeds, but my inexperience is starting to evolve into light-experience and have gotten positive feedback from my overseers. I don't know if I can wake up later , but my stress level has definitely gone from 9.5/10 to 5/10. Work usually keeps me at a 2 on a good day, 3-4 when things screw up. I don't even want to know what my blood pressure was last week...

LUNCH: 11:30am, big container of whole wheat rotinni with homemade sauce and Italian sweet sausage, hunger 4/5
I bought the sausage last night precooked, and made this for me and B just for lunch last night. Sausage was disappointing. Them fishstick and these sausages, it's just not nearly as good as cooking it yerself from raw, makes the biggest difference....

God, that sounds like it should be self-evident by why did it just click now? There is a very real cost to convenience, and not just money...

PM SNACK: 4:45pm, bag of Robert's smart puffs, hunger 4/5
I know B may not be home till 8, don't want to jump the gun and make (and eat) the pizza without her....

DINNER: 8:30pm, carrots and hummus, masamam curry with shrimp and sticky rice, veg dumplings, roasted tofu with satay sauce, cinnamon gelato, hunger 4/5
Grumble grumble grumble dough grumble grumble wah grumble.

No comments: