Monday, November 12

Dessert-Fast, Day 1 (Or: Ain't Got No Chocolove for Ya, Son)

ADDENDA:
Found half a "Chocolove" bar in my bag this morning, nestled with the apple I packed this morning for a sugar-fix this afternoon. Due to a sympathy sugar-fast from the Hungry Vegan Society, the chocolate as been donated to the tens of Hungry Designers in the office.

Tonight is the first of two basic cooking classes I'm taking. I hope irony doesn't bite me in the ass and have us cook up chocolate bars or something...

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, good yogurt with raw nits, honey and vanilla, 3/4 of a banana, hunger 3/5

AM WATERING: 9:15am, 24 oz still

BP 9:45am: 137/84
Took it after working for 30 minutes, it's an intense Monday morning. Maybe a little dehydrated?

PM SNACK: 12:30pm, apple, hunger 4/5
Meetings preventing me from going to get food, this is all I had with me. Not as crisp I hoped.

PM SNACK: 1pm, 8 sesame pretzels, hunger 4/5
Meeting food, too salty. My Chocolove bar was sitting on the meeting table, waiting for someone to adopt it.

LUNCH: 2:30pm, steamed pork dumplings, singapore mei fun (with the eggs picked out), water, hunger 4/5
Skipped the tea, as it's caffeine. Almost instinctively ingested the fortune cookie, but caught myself.

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, bag of crappy 'cheddar' potato chips, hunger 4/5
If I'm about to take a 3 hour cooking class, I gotta eat something. Very limited options close by.

PM SNACK: 6:30pm, carrot sticks, olives, hummus, wassa crackers, hunger 4/5
Think they'd have fancier snack at a cooking school...

DINNER: 10pm, falafel platter, beef empanada, hunger 4/5
After 3.5 hours of talking about food and cooking and health, the last thing I felt like doing was cooking. Falafel platter wasn't enough, so I went across the street and got an empanada. NYC is great!

No comments: