Tuesday, November 6

Lindsay Lohan, too

ADDENDA:
Tried to sleep till 7, woke at 6:30. But it's still 8 hours, so I guess that's OK. Feel fine. Hopefully today the end of the stressful project, it's been good for a while but it's key that it ends well.

BREAKFAST:
7:15am, whole wheat bagel with good butter, hunger 3/5

AM WATERING: 8:30am, 24 oz still water

BP 8:45am: 131/91

LUNCH: 12:15pm, superhippy sandwich, roasted potatoes with mushrooms and onions, hunger 4/5
Really enjoyed the potatoes. This time I added extra lemon juice and used rosemary as the predominant spice, and put the small white onions in whole - they baked and got soft and sweet and moist without taking in much oil, much better than when they're cut up.

I am concerned about the potatoes - even though they are tiny and are eaten whole with skins, the level of simple carbs are going to rev up my engine to want sugar. Will have a 2nd lunch later, but hopefully it'll be under control.

PM SNACK: 1:30pm, baby carrots with a little ranch dressing, hunger 3/5
Sugar craving bubbling, so I went to the Industrial Feedlot they have in our building (they call it the cafeteria) and poked around. A lot of stuff just smelled bad. The sesame pork they were dolling out, compared to the pork I prepared last night, looked ill. I gravitated toward the pizza and the pasta and the fried stuff, then thought, damn, this place is designed to make you eat badly. Easily found the cupcakes. Took a while to find the overpriced baby carrots. Tasted not fresh.

PM WATERING: 1:45pm, 24 oz still water

PM SNACK: 4pm, 2 potato samosas, hunger 3.5/5
Kinda craving sugar still, kinda hungry.....so....more potato!! I had a friend who turned into a raging alcoholic, he loved his potatoes, too. Alcoholic, sugarholic.... I suspect if I wasn't watching myself, I'd be on my 3rd sweet today by now....

DINNER: 8pm, shrimp parmigiana w/ spag and meat sauce, small green salad with creamy italian, bread, 1 beer, a little water, hunger 4/5
Five largish breaded shrimp in a HUGE pool of crappy cheese, a small serving of pasta with a HUGE slop of gamy-tasting meat sauce over it like a cow-plop. Ate enough to be satisfied, but there was enough cheese and sauce left on my plate to dress another meal.

No comments: