Sunday, December 30

Icecream 3x today - HOW'D DAT HAPPEN?!

BREAKFAST: 8:30 am, organic wholegrain cheerios with good milk, hunger 3/5

AM SNACK: 10:45pm, small bowel of haagen daz vanilla icecream, hunger 4/5
Looking after Erikka's kitty, the kitty drove me to ice cream and playing violent videogames

LUNCH: 1pm, mixed charcutrie, tuna carpaccio, taste of 3 cheeses, eggplant/salmon/roasted pepper crostini, bread, olives, water, apple tart with vanilla ice cream, hunger 4/5
Nice lunch with my friend Katya at Fig & Olive, fanciful fingery food is fine for reconnecting with friends who've bounced around the world before pinging back into your universe.

I ordered the carpaccio without thinking too much, other than that raw tuna in a light dressing sounded good. Afterwards, as Katya was at the ladies room, I thought about it and realized I had never eaten carpaccio before - I've read about it in books, heard about it in radio and TV food programs, but never actually ate any. It was really good, kind of like a slightly more fussy sushi, which is so simple so it can stand up to the mess. Funny, even though it's a new food for me, it felt old and familiar in a good way.

DINNER: 7pm, small green salad, 1/2 a garlic and oil pizza, pizza with 5 different kinds of mushrooms sauteed in white wine, homemade soy ice cream, hunger 4/5
Pizza with the HVS. The pizza came out really well, the oil and wine prep of the mushrooms went really nicely with the raw tomato sauce, which I experimented with a bit of vinegar and de-seeding the plum tomatoes, came out really well. However the soy ice cream came out weirdly powdery tasting, I don't know what was different than yesterday.

No comments: