Tuesday, January 1

Starting the Year with Left-Over Pizza

BRUNCH: noon, 1 homemade pizza, 4 pieces of biscotti, hunger 4/5
Nice 8 hour sleep, slow to hunger. Looking in the fridge, had left over dough, sauce, a small baggie of mushroom and onion. So I said screw it, sliced up some fresh garlic, grated a little parm, plucked the last basil off the plant I bought at the farmer's market, and slapped together a single pie to start 2008 off with properly.

Though you can't see it in the picture, I generously spread finely shredded parm, which wonderfully melded to the other ingredients to give a wonderfully funky overtone to the whole proceedings. Like cheese without cheese!

I experimented by putting it on a baking sheet, which then got placed on the stone, but the crust came out pale and flibbidy flobbidy, so I put it directly on the stone for another 3 minutes. This method actually gave the crust an interesting chewy/crisp character, I may need to look into that. The biscotti was not the lame stuff I got from Wholefoods, but a nice gift from Rach, which was far superior. Good to start my sweets off with something top-rate and friendly!

This, my friend, is how to live.

ADDENDA: I weighed myself before I ate, still 235. I'm surprised, as I feel fatter than usual. I guess it's in my head?

PM SNACK: 2:15, half bag o' popcorn, hunger 4/5
At the movies.

PM SNACK: 5:45 pm, 4 fresh shrimp springrolls, hunger 4/5
B & I stopped by Wholefoods on the way home from the movies, she bought a butternut squash in hopes of cooking it veganly, I bought a 'How to Cook Meat' book in hopes of cooking my next pork medallion properly!

DINNER: 7pm, left over homemade pasta with homemade sauce and homemade spinach/meat stuff, small green salad, another 4 biscotti, 1/2 bottle seltzer, hunger 4/5
The wholewheat pasta held up surprisingly well after 3 nights, as toothsome as ever. Went a little bit nuts on the biscotti, I think my sweet tooth may be kicking back in a bit. Gotta keep an eye on that.

No comments: