Saturday, March 15

Let's Get Physical

ADDENDA:
Slept horribly last night, couldn't get to bed till 3, think I overdosed on dairy. Woke up at 8 and dragged myself into the kitchen to eat something. Felt like going back to sleep, but also felt crappy. I knew if I did go back to sleep, I'd probably wake up better rested....but still crappy.

So I took off for a 10:30am yoga class, a beginner's back bending class, really enjoyed it. Swung by the farmers market for a few things, then met Betsy in Chinatown for a 45 minute back rub.

Feeling energized, I went home and had a quick plate of lasagna before gearing up head to toe in spandex and biked to Coney Island, stopping at the beach to scarf a sandwich I brought with me. First ride of the season proper. I wore my day-to-day glasses instead of my sun glasses because I just didn't want any barrier between my brain and the sun. Not clever, but it felt right.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, small portion of good yogurt with honey and almond extract, .5 bowls, hunger 2/5

PM SNACK: 12:15pm, fuji apple, .5 bowls, hunger 4/5
After yoga, as I was in the farmer's market, started to feel a little bit nauseous from having a totally empty stomach and having just done some physical exertion. So I bought a sack o' apples and scarfed one right then and there. Oh my, the crisp sweetness, the juice filling my mouth and running down my throat to soothe my upset tummy, a very superior apple experience.

LUNCH: 1:45pm, lasagna, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 4pm, superhippy peanutbutter sandwich, handful of almonds, 28 oz water, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5

DINNER: 6:30pm, large spinach salad, macaroni n' cheese, brownie with small cup of vanilla icecream, 2.5 bowls
Kind of surprised I didn't eat more.

No comments: