Friday, December 26

Fried bread is where it's at. Would of.

I made the french toast batter and soaked the bread since 10 this morning. I doubled the sugar and salt, and tripled the cinnamon. Fried in the good butter till dark golden brown, flipped then the whole mess into a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. The focaccia became surprisingly tender and pliable while still retaining its shape. I made 4 slices for each of us, but B was so happy with hers, she wolfed down one of mine -- I guess the biggest compliment you can give to a cook. I guess anything that's bathed in heavy cream and powdered sugar is going to be a crowd pleaser. Fried bread is where it's at.

At the snickle snack this afternoon, B and the HVS ganged up on me and shamed me for using 'would of', 'should of' and 'could of' of instead of the proper 'would have' or 'would've'. It's declasse, like a shmoe saying 'axe' instead of 'ask'. Or 'pencoo' instead of 'pencil'. Or naming your kid "Pyreschiuss" instead of "Precious". Or a vegetarian who eats McDonald's veggie burgers. I could go on all night. Should of. Anyway, I've been properly shamed, so I'll cut it out, but the HVS made mention of my aspirations for my writing....which is news to me! Unless, dear reader, you want to publish a blook of all this balderdash!

AM SNACK: 8:30am, slug of apple cider, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

BREAKFAST: 10:30am, toasted whole wheat bagel with cream cheese, bacon, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Baked the bacon on a rack in the oven, a la c-school. It really does make a superior product.

SNICKLESNACK: 2pm, herbal tea, a bite of choco-peanutbutter cake, hunger 2/5

PM SNACK: 4pm, bowl of potato chips, apple cider, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Was in the market with B and the HVS, not intending to get anything, but when I saw the market-brand 'classic potato chip with sea salt', something in me just said, "Yeeeeessss!" I tend not to crave this kind of stuff nearly as much as I used to, but after yoga, relaxing and the cold weather, these just hit the spot.

DINNER 1: 6:45pm, slice of pizza, mint chip ice cream, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
B wasn't ready for french toast, so I ate the last frozen slice from the restaurant.

DINNER 2: 8pm, french toast, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: