Tuesday, February 24

Binging like I'm 28 again!

Intense day at the pizzeria, dealing with a lot of managerial responsibilities that I've taken on. DOH inspection is hopefully next week. We don't have any flour in store, and the pizza cooking training doesn't continue until tomorrow.

By the time I hit the supermarket before getting home, realized I was in a bad place -- starving in a supermarket. I just went to my base instincts and bought frozen White Castle and pre-packaged onion rings. I almost bought a box of Enteman's chocolate chip cookies, but remembered how not great they are and how much cookies from scratch roooool over them.

As I was peddling home, I regretted the onion ring purchase -- the beer battered onion rings we made in Culinary were so good, and so easy to make. And if I was going to deep fry anyway, it's really not that much work...unfortunately after busting out a simple recipe, I realized I had everything in my cupboard except....onions. D'oh! The White Castle frozen burgers were filling, but....they didn't taste like anything, very weird. They're definitely more an idea of a burger than actual burgers. The original intention was to make grilled cheese for B, which I did, but I couldn't wait for her, so I downed all those burgers and onion rings while I waited.

Tomorrow, back to some pizza. Eating like I did 10 years ago is a nice place to visit once every bunch of years, wouldn't want to live there again.

BREAKFAST: 7am, toasted bagel with hummus and smoked salmon, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 12:15pm, half a Manhattan Special, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 4pm, half an apple, snip of french bread, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7pm, 6 pack of frozen white castle, deep fried packaged onion rings, half a grilled cheese sandwich, water, 2 bowls, hunger 4/5

No comments: