Monday, March 2

Too Much Bad Pizza

I rode my mountain bike this morning to the Jacob Javitz center to attend the International Food Show, and realized maybe I should have trained it when I saw people on 23rd point at me and shout, "Look at that!" The show itself was kinda underwhelming, with a lot of equipment and random things, but I paid keen attention to anything pizza related. There was an area just for pizza, but due to the weather, all the speakers and demos were squashed. I wandered around, ate a lot of bad but relatively tasty food.

I went straight to the restaurant under the Brooklyn Bridge and we ended up making pizzas from start to finish, meaning there was a lot of pizza to eat. Oy! When I got home, needed something relatively nutritious, so I banged out a momma-style salad (big hunks of carrot, cucumber, red onion, grape tomatoes, and a wedge of creamy raw milk cheese I picked up at Brooklyn Flea yesterday) and poached some shrimp in the chicken stock I made a few days ago. A thoughtless dish, made of just stock, shrimp and salt. In c-school, I remember we were to poach for 5 minutes then shock, but ate it soup style and the shrimp were smaller. So, I only poached for 90 seconds and ate it in the hot stock; it ended up getting a little rubbery anyway. Hmmmm...

Looks like I have a gap in my schedule tomorrow to get some yoga in. Looking forward to it.

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, apple cider, .5 bowl, hunger 2/5

AM SNACKING: 10am-11:45am, various bad slices of 'pizza', bits of pork product, mini burgers, cookies, chocolate, cheese sticks, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM PIZZAING: 12:30pm-3pm, various wedges of practice pizza, 1 bowl, hunger 3/5

WINE TASTING: 4pm, equivalent of half glass of wine

DINNER: 6:45pm, momma style salad, fresh shrimp poached in chicken stock, piece of halava, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: