Sunday, April 5

And on the Seventh Day, He Ate Pizza Again

Got to bed around 4pm, but got up around 10, looking forward to a day with B after an 80 hour work week. Did some chores, food shopping, made matzo farfel for the seders this week, and made some pizzas for B and a couple and their daughter this evening.

BREAKFAST: 10am, snippet of chocolate chip cookie dough, bowl of baby carrots. 1bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11:30am, big piece of chocoalte babka from Russ & Daughters, .5 bwol, hunger 4/5

PM TASTING: 3pm. bits of matzo farfel

PM WATERING 3:30pm, half a bottle o water

PM TASTING: 4-5:30pm, wine reduction, sliced sopresetta, a cookie, .25 bowl

DINNER: 6pm, little slices of 3 homemade pizzas, a little matzo farfel, vanilla custard ice cream, 1 chocolate chip cookie, half glass of wine, bottle of gatorade, 1.25 bowl, hunger 3/5
B's friends and their charming little girl came over for dinner. I brought home one dough from the restaurant, but I was so wacked out of my skull, I didn't think that ONE medium dough might not feed 4 people, it's really more for 2. So I improvised, made three mini pies, cut the first two into 8ths. The first was a standard margarita, the second was a white with sopressetta and a little black pepper, like L likes it. I realized then that it wasn't enough food, so I gave a mid-meal tasting course of the matzo farfel I made, which is delicious simply to the fact tat it's full of chicken fat and chicken stock. The last pizza, if I was going to be tiny on portion, well, wasn't going to go out being tiny on flavor, so I popped my head in the fridge rooting for toppings. After dismissing B's tepid fat-free ricotta, I ended up thinly slicing a plum tomato onto a bed of fresh moz, unfroze three frozen shrimp, chopped them and put them on the pie, finished with fresh garlic, oregano, olive oil and the shrimp all covered in pecorino. Baked to a golden crisp, the shrimp came out surprisingly perfect. My only regret is that I reduced a bottle of old white wine in the fridge today, I should have splashed some on the pizza to see what it would do...

No comments: