Friday, April 10

My brain is mush, my body is beat

Long day at the restaurant, 14.75 hours to be exact. Wow, an 8 hour work day, now that would be cool! L faded during the day and we closed for an hour to collect ourselves, down some Manhattan Specials, then do it again. Staffing issues were abound, and L fired a kitchen guy we were trying out on the spot...which is fine, it's his business; but, when I confronted him in private about it ("so, now that we fired the trainee, what's out game plan for tomorrow?"), he tried to lay into me and some of the other guys. When I confronted him with his own logic, he didn't seem to appreciate it, and got a bit yelly. It was weird, but I'm glad I found that little piece of Brooklyn my mom instilled in me that allowed me to yell back without losing my shit. I'm tired. Looking forward Sunday and the Grand Snickle Dinner. Which may be home cooked or may be at Broadway East, depending on my sleep requirements...

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, organic chex with the organic dead milk, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5

LUNCH: 4pm, a few quickly eaten slices of pizza, water, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

RESTAURANT HAZE: 5-midnight, a small slice of Sicilian, a Manhattan Special, a few glasses of latte di mendorla, a few glasses of water, a rootbeer, a small amount of beer near the end, 1.25 bowl, hunger ?/5

EARLY MORNING WATERING: 1:30am, quart o' agua

No comments: