Sunday, April 26

Sunday Funday

Got to bed at 4am, after doing a minor binge brought on by booze and not really eating dinner. Still, it was a minor thing compared how I'd stuff myself after drink in my earlier years. Woke up after 4 hours of sleep, intended to go back to bed but it was just too exciting to be lying next to my pregnant wife AND not have to get up and go, so we just spent an hour just talking and hugging and listening to old Brian Eno records. I sang tracks off of "Here Come the Warm Jets" to her belly, hopefully my kid won't like Miley Cyrus or whoever the teeny boppers are digging then.

Weighed in at 215.0 this morning. Huh, twenty pounds, I thought I'd be skinnier. By medical standards, I have to go to 185 to have a BMI of a non-overweight person! Don't think THAT will ever happen.

B went to a bridal shower and I finally got on the road bike. Met an ex-employee of the restaurant (a group rapidly growing in number) and E and we road out to Flushing Meadow in the 90 degree weather, really nice. Meat and beer was not my first choice of post-ride meal, especially since I had to ride a few miles after to get home. Got home around 6, fell asleep after showering around 7pm

DRUNKY SNACK: 3:30am, half a bagel with gender-specific chocolate spread, a banana walnut muffin, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM DRUGGING: 8am, 1 extra strength tylenol
A preventative measure, woke up slightly buzzed, so took this to keep a hangover in check.

BREAKFAST: 9:15am, toasted bagel with lox, cream cheese, tomato, onion, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Deliciousness from the B. She can't cook, but she can prepare. -sigh-

AM BIKE SNACK: 11:30am, churro, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM BIKE SNACK: 12:30pm, most of a chocolate donut, bite of a cinnamon bun, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM BIKE SNACK: 1:30pm, 20oz of gatorade

PM BIKE WATERING: 2-4pm, a few quarts

LUNCH: 4pm, weiner shnitzel with German potato salad, kraut, 2 cups of beer, a bite of kielbasa, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
After-ride meal at the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria.

No comments: