Tuesday, June 9

Pizza and Baby Power

Not your average day. Had my first excellent steak sandwich, ate pizza on my bed while B contracted, and then we went to the hospital to give birth. Details to come. (Yes, I wrote most of this entry before I was a dad....)

BREAKFAST: 10am, glass of homemade lemonade, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Good, but I know I can make the best lemonade in the universe with some tweaking. A dash of salt, all brown sugar, make a simple syrup with it, yeah.

LUNCH 1: 11am, steak sammich, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Sliced the palm-sized piece of beef from yesterday's dinner thinly. Still juicy. Microwaved for 10 seconds, just to get the chill off of it. Toasted some 100% whole wheat bread. Put on the good mustard from the pickle shop, my mistake -- steak this good and perfectly cooked needs no condiment. Still, perhaps the best steak sandwich possible. My mom and dad used to eat steak sandwiches all the time, from left overs from steaks they ate the day before, and they were always kinda gross. I wish they were around to share this sandwich.

PM SNACK: 12:30pm, glass o' lemonade

LUNCH 2: 2:15pm, green salad with olive oil, vinegar and salt, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Made chopped salad with romaine, carrot, cuce, scallion, red bell pepper, white onion and some vine ripened tomato.

LUNCH 3: 4pm, 2 slices of local streetza, handful of chocolate rugula, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Back from the gyno, seems B is in labo rfer real, dilation and all that stuff. I picked up some slices on my block, some chocolate from the kosher bakery, then ate it in bed with the B while she had her contractions. Pizza and baby power.

LABOR SNACKING: 5pm-1am, a handful of chocolate rugula, a donut , water, I think that was it.

No comments: