Sunday, June 7

I want some Bebe Show now!

Went out, but B was too pregnant to go out, so I went home. We need to get this bebeshow on the road!

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, ice cream cone, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

BREAKFAST 2: 10:45am, 3/4 of a bagel and butter, some Gatorade, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 12:30, a little bit of bacon-studded chocolate

LUNCH: 3pm, fried chicken, various sides, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
This was supposed to be good fried chicken, I found it merely ok. I am not a fan of this food in general, though I do remember the fried chicken we were taught to make in c-school was quite fantastic. I guess cooking small quantities for yourself and on a restaurant scale are very different things. Which adds to the old warning: People who open restaurants only because they can cook at home are idiots.

PM SNACK: 6pm, ice cream cone, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINER: 9:30pm. pizza with cooked sauce, ricotta, garlic, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Made at home with Pillsbury dough out of a pressurized canister pushed into n aluminium a half sheet pan. Topped with marinara I made a few days ago, a few dollops of whole milk ricotta, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil. Baked according to label, 13 minutes at 425, came out pale white and flibbidy flobbidy. Baked at 500 for another 10 minutes, almost burnt on the edges, still flibbidy in the middle. The toppings made it ok, but the crust was weird -- even though it was baked from raw, it tasted like I was eating a cheap frozen pizza.

No comments: