Saturday, June 6

Long good day

Woke at 7, got out of the house by 8:30, met D at 9 in Brooklyn Heights, then we rode bikes down Flatbush out to the BQE bikepath and road out east into East New York before heading north up into the string of parks that dot Queens, up in to Flushing Meadows. We took the 7 train in, but I got out before Manhattan and road into Greenpoint, stumbled upon the Renegade Art Fair. Bought matching t-shirts for me and FutureBebe, with a rainbow and a bicycle on them. Got home, ate pasta, back out again for a nice walk with B to the movies. Met up with her friends, went to a mediocre but convenient dinner after. Walked part way home, then hopped in a cab. Once B safely delivered, hopped on commuter bike to Greenpoint to hang with friends, wandering around the nether regions of Williamsburg.

-Phew!- I'm glad I'm old, not single, and don't have to have nights like that too often after days like that! I'm dog tired.

BREAKFAST: 7:30am, smoothie, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Good milk, good yogurt, vanilla sugar, salt, banana, blueberries, cherries, grapes, freshly ground flax seed. I left out the kiwi today, and found it much more pleasant. Kiwi gives a sour kick that does make the flavor a lot bigger, but to my own personal taste, a little less pleasant. I guess I just don't like kiwi. I wish I could expound and explain exactly why -- I do like sour-tasting foods, but I guess in this context I want more of a straight-ahead sweet experience.

LUNCH 1: 11:30am, turkey and swiss with lettuce, tomato, onion mustard on rye bread, Manhattan Special, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Out it Glendale, Queens, at a busy local sammich shop. Ride makin' me hungry

LUNCH 2: 2:30pm, homemade pasta with homemade sauce, Gatorade, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Straight up carbs with an electrolyte drink, perfect for recovery after 40 mile ride in warm weather

PM SNACK: 4pm, chocolate hazelnut vegan frozen dessert, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Pre-movie stop at Stogo, it really hit the spot despite me not liking their product too much -- it was cold, smooth and not very sweet, just what I was craving.

DINNER: 7pm, lamb schnitzel with one small potato, glass of cava, water, large scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream in a chocolate-coated waffle cone, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Dinner at the Smith, stupid menu, not very good food, slow service, but convenient. A little bit of everything, everything done not that well.

EVENING SNORT: 9:30pm, a beer, a bite of trendy but over salted burger

No comments: