Wednesday, June 3

She really IS glowing!


Of course, B can't just glow like a normal gal, she gotta toss off thick red and green bars that knock people over as she walks by them. It's quite startling.

Had a fun day at school, talking about the big picture P&L statements -- made business seem a lot more manageable from such a perspective. Gave a presentation about my ideal pizzeria, got some good (and strange) feedback, but I guess you need to check my other blog to hear all about it!

Spent most of the afternoon at the restaurant, doing some accounting tasks, taking care of the menus, signage, then spent a lot of time interviewing people for most positions in the place, interesting eye opener.

BREAKFAST: 7:15am, organic cheerios with the good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
9:45am, chocolate almond croissant, water, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
A break from the cart/Starbucks school grind. A few fellow students directed me to a fancy pastry shop on 23rd that's the same walking distance as Starbucks. Sure, the croissant was $4, more than twice the cost of a Starbucks pastry and 4x the cost of a cart cake, but oh my gawd you get what you pay for. Redolent of butter and that wonderful 'brown' flavor -- caramelization, malliard reaction, whatever you want to call it, it has it. Tremendously satisfying. I needed two Starbucks pastries to get satisfied, at the cost of almost 900 calories. I imagine this butter bomb has more than 400 calories, but probably less than 900.

PM SNACKS:1-2:30, a few snippets of moz, ricotta calzone mix
Hanging at the restaurant in the quiet hours taking care of my remaining responsibilities.

LUNCH: 2:30pm, big hamburger on white bread bun, potato chips, pickle spear, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK:
6:45pm, large swig of red Gatorade

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, snippets of 10+ different kinds of gelato, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5
A Brooklyn gelato-maker delivered samples for us to try, to swing us away from Laboratorio de Gelato. With the exception of his rather amazing pistachio, all of the flavors were inferior. And the white chocolate gelato, really, that just offended me on principle!

DINNER: 7:30pm, potato nik with mustard, half a glass of musty red wine, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Potato nik tastes like my dad. I miss my dad. B needs to drink more wine so we can get this bebe show on the bebe road!

No comments: