Friday, July 3

Mackin' & Snealin'

B went out with Edie to visit a friend, and I promptly fell asleep at 8:30 without dinner. I think I might be fighting a bug or something, as I slept for almost 12 hours. Looking back at what I was eating, maybe I've just been over tired.

BREAKFAST: 7:15am, organic chex with the good milk, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 12pm, 2 slices grandma pizza, 2 slices white brussel sprout & bacon pizza, 1 pint beer, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
After class, went to a pizzeria the teacher wanted to check out. Was pretty mediocre, and crap service too. The brussel sprout pizza was interesting, and was cooked well and the cheese balanced, but the sprouts themselves were not fresh, cut in too big chunks, and kinda ruined it. The grandma pie was just a cheesy mess.

PM SNACK: 2pm, hazelnut ice cream, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Was going by Jaques Torres and couldn't resist. Really good quality stuff.

PM SNEAL? MACK?: 3:30pm, tuna appetizer, ginger ale, 1 bowl
Working on a new menu time, conceptually it's good -- the star is a quality Sicilian tuna which is canned but is a cut above Starkist or whatever junk you see on TV. The execution with the minimal dressing and garnish needs work.

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, large piece of watermelon, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 7:30, small amount of chocolate cookies n' creme ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
B went to town on it, so rather than the salad I was about to eat, I gravitated towards cleaning out the freezer.

No comments: