Wednesday, August 19

Cookilishisness!

I write "Hunger 4/5" over and over again, without much of a change, but I'm glad I do -- every time I type it reminds me to only eat when I'm hungry, and be hungry when I eat. Many years I ate out of habit, because of the idea of three big meals a day was what I was taught, disassociated from actual desire for food.

Woke up at 6 and did graphics work for the restaurant, made my power smoothie, then spent the morning at the shop. Spent the afternoon cooking: custard for cookies n' creme ice cream, chocolate chip cookies (so I can make ice cream cookie sandwiches tomorrow, with X-tra cookilishisness!), and a large batch of fresh pasta. Half cut into spaghetti for the freezer, the other half into small ravioli. I had some yummy spinach mixture from last week's pizza explorations -- chopped spinach, caramelized onion, criminis, salt, olive oil and added left over ricotta, nutmeg, parm and whole egg. Seriously good, after tossing off the rejects, got about 5 entree servings of nice and perfect looking dough dumplings.

BREAKFAST: 9am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Same as yesterday, though a little less of everything, still came out to 1.5 pints. Yummers!

LUNCH: 1pm, clam and bacon pizza, no cheese, half a sprite, half a Manhattan Special, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
At the resto, kinda lacking. No lemon, no salt, not enough garlic. L threw on some unasked for bacon, which I love, but like pepperoni, once you add that, any lighter flavor will be masked.

PM SNACK: 4pm, chocochip cookies and cookie dough, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 6pm, fresh pasta scraps and sauce, more cookies, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
All the trimmings from making ravioli, instead of dumbly trashing it, simply cut into pieces and boiled it up for a dinner for 1. Pieces are irregular, some stuck together, but eating them seems like a lot more sane than trashing perfectly good food.

No comments: