Sunday, August 9

Need to get my pizza on.

Heard a story on NPR about this Japanese dude who keeps a log of everything eats...by taking pictures of everything. The story went on about software that analyse what is in the picture and give a nutritional breakdown, which is both cool, crazy and scary. Scary: what if I ran a picture of Edie through this software. 132 oz protein, 84 grams of fat, 456 cc of carbs, 28 mg salt? ALL DELICIOUS?!

I'm getting a new phone with a better camera this week. I think I may mix up LTF (and Snicklesnack) a little by trying an all-photo format for a week. I mean, the public must see what the "good milk" looks like, how much .5 bowl of "good yogurt" is and just how big a sandwich is when placed next to a sleepin' bebe!

BREAKFAST: 7:15am, 2 good donuts, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Woke up at 6, got on the bike by 7, while eating these powerfully stimulating donuts, the overcaste sky started to drizzle -- the weather reports said thunderstorms all morning and afternoon, so I packed it in. Of course, said storms never happened...

BREAKFAST 2: 9:30am, 4 falafel balls, Israeli salad and a dollop of yogurt sauce, Gatorade, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
...which is fine, because I got to eat these good leftovers and play with Edie. Her smiles are really a result of interacting with people, and bouncing her on my lap to some of my favorite music while she gleefully shook her arms, legs and head randomly just kinda....ugh. I hope I don't get too sappy.

SNICKLE: 1:30pm, 1 vegan chocobite thingy
Still needing to go out and no rain, made it to what I was gonna do after the rain anyway -- yoga in the park with HVS and her posse!! Yaaay. On the grass (which smelled.....weird), with HVS helping me with the more difficult poses, it was hard but my body was happy after. Looking forward to more HVS-yoga-snickle action later this week.

LUNCH: 2:15pm, shrimp burrito, tiny salad, diet coke, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Went to mommainlaw's place on the UES to meet B&E, ordered in Mexican, cheap, plentiful. Funny, my memories of eating with my grandmom are 97% home cooking (BAD homecooking) and 3% McDonalds and Arthur Treachers. Will Edles food memories of her grandma be 3% bad home cooking and 97% restaurant food?

PM SNACK: 8:30pm, pizza slice, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
On the bike ride home, wanted to try the pizza joint on Rivington, whose slice was a few notches above the typical, to see if it was a fluke. And they were closed! 8:30 on a Sunday? That's not a good business plan for a slice joint, when there is so much competition....like the new slice joint on Clinton right above Delancey. Another shoebox, nicely designed decor, and the slice was not good, bad cheese, slightly dry crust. Maybe because dude behind the counter did not reheat long enough...

DINNER: 9:30pm, Stouffer's Frenchbread pizzas, momma-style salad, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Still, after one little slice, hungry and needing to get my pizza on. But went home because I wanted to be virtuous. Unfortunately, I had these in the freezer, got 'em for E who catsat for us this past week, but didn't gobble them up.

No comments: