Monday, September 21

Half Portion Future

I kinda did well eating through the day, keeping portions small, until dinner. I guess it's one of those heritage meals -- I used to get the same exact thing for many years, and it seemed all well and good, but sitting down in front of it today, I see the portion is just crazed. Mentally, I think it's normal, but getting down the last few bites was a bit of a struggle. Really, should the end of a meal be a struggle? Next time, gonna order a half portion, it's more than enough.

Finding myself really desiring caffeine lately, particularly Manhattan Special. Where did this come from?

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
New blender, a little stronger than before. That's good, as all the fruit except the banana was frozen

AM SNACK: 10:45am, 2 lotus leaf wraps, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
From my fishball vendor by Seward park. Glutinous rice and ground pork is not every one's idea of a yummy breakfast, but it hit the spot.

PM SNACK: 12:30pm, cup of fresh apple cider, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
From the Union Square farmer's market.

LUNCH: 1:45pm, turkey and cheese sandwich, cherry diet coke, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Lunch at a sandwich shop with my friend C. Desiring caffeine for some reason.

PM SNACK: 3:45pm, 1 piece of plum ruggelah
Yuck. At my aunt-in-law's house. Tasted very in-lawish.

DINNER: 6:30pm, 2 potato samosas with curry chickpeas, roti, seltzer, halavah, 2 bowl, hunger 4/5
Picked up Hindi-friendly Indian food from a favorite taxi stand on Houston off A. As I was eating, realized it was a tremendous amount of food - probably could do with half. But for $5.50, it's a hell of a meal.

No comments: