Thursday, January 21

Granola


Off to go food shopping with Edie strapped on, stopped in the local diner. Woke up feeling tired, stomach was a bit tight, thought I needed a belly bomb to get going. I was right! After a moderately greasy meal (chased by a fresh gourmet donut from down the street), felt much better.

BREAKFAST: 9:15am, BLT on bagel, homefries, lemon donut, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
2:45pm, homemade granola, homemade kasha varniskas, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Wasn't planning to have granola for lunch, but when it came out of the oven, it was just too groovy to pass up. I followed the general outline of the recipe the HVS forwarded to me, but gave it my own funk:
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups cashews
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup agave
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup evoo
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
1 cup chopped dried apple
1 cup dried cherries
Surprisingly good, better than the expensive granola I buy at the farmer's market. I called that the "good granola", I shall call the homemade stuff the "best granola". Just a nice level of sweet/salty/savory, with the cardamon and cinnamon duality rubbing up nice against the vanilla and the earthy tones of the sweeteners.

SNICKLESNACK: 7:30pm, bowl of dahl, vegan brownie, vegan lemon cookie, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Went to yoga with the HVS, first time in almost 2/3 of a year.

No comments: